It’s already March, which has me with a little bit of PTSD. Normally, I’d be excited because both Greyson and I have birthdays this month (and I still am), but instead I’m just feeling a little nervous around this time because it was this month last year everything changed. The pandemic hit and even a year later we’re still seeing record deaths and hospitalizations across the country. My sincere hope is that everyone who can get vaccinated chooses to do so and to continue their normal routine of social distancing and wearing their masks.
In other news, I’m sooo late in getting this posted and linked up with Anne. I’m excited to share what I’m currently up to this month…so, here we go!
- Choosing to wear a mask. I find it completely irresponsible that our Texas governor has decided to prematurely lift mask mandates. Thankfully, my son’s preschool (who also follows the school district) will continue safety protocols despite the governor’s order and we, as a family, will continue to wear masks. I just continue to urge people to listen to the health officials, not local politicians, as it relates to Covid safety precautions.
- I’m beginning to plan for a mini birthday celebration for Greyson who turns 5 this Wednesday. So far I’m thinking something simple like Chuck E. Cheese since I know he loves it there, it’s affordable, and during the week no one is there…so it’ll be safe and allow him to have a run of the place.
I plan to make Greyson’s birthday cake from scratch – it’s become a little tradition of sorts for us each year. Last year the pandemic hit and shut everything down the week of his birthday so him and I baked a mini “Halloween” cake to celebrate while at home.
For his 5th birthday this year we’re going with a Transformers theme (Bumblebee, specifically) and I’m inspired to recreate this cake (see photo). It’s simple enough, but recognizable and after showing him the photo he’s so excited.
Thankfully I have the tools already to work with fondant (I made this simple Captain America cake for his 2nd birthday) and so it really just comes down to using black and yellow fondant to cover a basic cake. I plan to print the Autobot logo as pictured and cut out the design with fondant. Fingers crossed I can pull it off!
- I ordered a BB8 cookie cutter for Greyson and we made a small batch of sugar cookies with it. Baking is one of our things we do together and with Olivia home now it’s a way for us to spend quality time just the two of us.
- Simple Postpartum Care Must-Haves
- A Busy Mom’s Guide to Simple Makeup and Skincare
- We watched the movie Tenant the other night and was enveloped by the story. It’s definitely a mind bender but so worth it.
- Need a good wine delivery service (since delivery services are definitely having a moment since the pandemic started)? I swear by Naked Wines – a company that supports local CA winemakers and offers up some pretty amazing deals on wine. Plus I honestly have yet to try a wine I didn’t like!
Grab a $100 voucher with my link!
This week I wrote this post about postnatal care now that I find myself in the fourth trimester. This has me wearing my go-to staples: maternity joggers and tops from Amazon, my compression belly band from Target, and my trusty Medela hands-free pumping bra.
You can find me linking up with Anne for her monthly Currently series.