Affiliate links are used within this post. You can read my full disclosure here.
Welcome to February, everyone! It’s bizarre to think we’ve already entered upon this month, but I can’t help be grateful. So much to look forward to this month – namely our daughter’s due date (Feb 11th). We just had an OB check-up yesterday and although I’m now 1-1.5 (almost 2) cm dilated she still is hanging out above my pelvis. My doctor thinks she’s hanging out in a ball in there, but with contractions continuing to grow stronger it’s a good sign things are progressing.
As much as I want my baby already I realize I’m being confronted with an opportunity for patience – something I’ve always prayed for. Again, my doctor being the wizard of wisdom, she gave me a perspective that I need to hold onto, which is: our bodies know far more about [pregnancy] than we ever could…and to allow labor to progress naturally. So, here’s to just being in the waiting and enjoying these last moments as a family of three.
In the meantime, here’s what I’m up to currently…
- This small workspace desk I just ordered. I’ve been wanting to create a little space for me to work/blog/letter and found this desk for less than $100!
- I’ve been nesting quite a bit these last few weeks and one new addition to Olivia’s nursery is this second-hand changing table dresser we received from a neighbor. To make it more “us” and Olivia ready I swapped out the knobs and couldn’t be happier with how it refreshed the overall look. You can read more about this upgrade here.
- I also want to add these birch tree wall decals to her accent wall
- I’ve also felt really inspired and productive here on the blog. I really feel as though I’m finding my rhythm since picking it back up a few months ago and I am so grateful for all of my readers!
- Having my Echo play the instrumental chill playlist on Amazon Music Unlimited (you do have to subscribe) while I work – I love the easy listening vibe.
- One of my favorite books to read while pregnant with Greyson (and that I’m picking up again as I await Olivia’s birth) was Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman. I’m excited to revisit this book here on the blog soon, but in the meantime – it’s been a great refresher on the things that worked well for us and puts me in the right mindset to welcome Olivia.
- I’ve also been reading up on backyard gardening and beginning a little homestead. We don’t have acreage – just a traditional run-of-the-mill backyard, but we do have a yard with plenty of potential. This spring I can’t wait to begin the process of creating our home garden and having Greyson be a part of that!
- I received this clock from family this past week which belonged to my grandfather. He passed a couple of years ago and I wasn’t able to be with him, so to have a little piece of him here at home makes my heart incredibly happy.
- I also remembered to register Greyson for kindergarten at his new “big boy” school. I’m so excited for him but my mama heart can’t believe he’s already heading into kindergarten next year!
…on a more serious note…
- It’s also Black History Month which is a great reminder (as we all continue our own self-education) to support and celebrate Black-owned businesses, artists, loved ones, and amplify the message of equality and justice. This is especially important (IMO) of white creatives who have a platform and audience.
- This cookie recipe inspired by Joanna Gaines’ chocolate chip cookies (but with cacao nib granola and pecans!)
- This post on my favorite go-to makeup routine
- Pregnancy Truths vs Wives Tales
- Still working on my registry and finalizing the must-haves before baby girl arrives
- These nursing-friendly sports bras from Kindred Bravely
- I’ve been contemplating my wellness journey for after baby and I remember loving the cycling classes I took back when we lived in San Diego. So, I’m looking at the Peloton bikes and considering if it’s worth the investment…
- This iPhone tripod stand from Amazon for my product photos. I’ve needed one but have yet to pull the trigger.
…and that’s a wrap for me! Thank you so much for stopping by!
You can find me linking up with Anne for her monthly Currently series.